Mornings can be tough
After working all day, and staying up till late at night, hearing the sound of your alarm in the morning is the worst thing. Mornings are torturous, especially when you didn’t get enough sleep the night before. Here are a few handy tips to make your mornings so awesome!
1. Leave your curtains open so sunshine can come in
The sun wakes you up in ways that artificial light can’t and leaves you feeling more awake.
2. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day
This will help you ease your body clock into a new rhythm and make you feel like you’re getting enough sleep.
3. Wake up a few minutes earlier than you normally will, so you get some extra time to do whatever makes you feel great
4. Drink water immediately you wake up
Keep a bottle of water nearby and take a few gulps as soon as you get up. Something about hydrating yourself first thing in the morning makes everything better. It also gets your bowels moving.
5. Try and get some exercise
Exercise will invigorate you and instantly make you feel awake.
6. Make your breakfast ahead of time so that you never have to skip it
Meal prepping will save your life! Plan your breakfast the night before, so all you have to do in the morning is eat.
7. Don’t hit snooze
Those extra five or ten minutes can actually make you feel more drowsy since you’re reentering the sleep cycle.
8. Wash your face
Splashing water on your face really wakes you up.
9. Plan your day the night before
Make a to-do list filled with all the things that you need to do.
10. Don’t check your phone until you’ve actually got ready
Checking social media first thing in the morning generally, sets a bad tone for your day. You also waste a lot of time by scrolling through Facebook.